Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Friday, July 8

Stuff Portrait Friday

It's Stuff Portrait Friday!

Today I will show a magazine subscription, favorite framed picture, and major household pet peeve.

I will start with the peeve. It's my half finished basement. Here is a photo of part of what is supposed to be the spa bathroom. I love my fancy I-talian marble, but where is the fancy thermostatic shower panel? It sits in a dark closet next to where the bathroom is. And how about that Toto super flusher toilet? Still at the plumbing supply store!



Here is another part of the downstairs I really loathe: the ghetto stairs. This paneling needs to come out so we can re-wire and put in new walls. It looks as though the Incredible Hulk has come to visit, eh?



Favorite framed pictures? Well, I have to admit that I am not big on having pictures sitting around. I have latham plaster walls and am still unsure where I want to drill to hang anything, so the walls sit bare. I do have photos on the mantel, but none scream to me as the Favorite, though they are nice. These are the two pics in frames that I like the best. They are in my kitchen:





I do get one magazine in the mail and the newest issue arrived yesterday. Still in the protective wrapper!

Bon Appetit!

Happy Friday, internet friends!

15 Comments:

  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Cool SPF pics. I think i have a turkey handprint my son did too.:-)

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Bente said…

    The hand print is very cute! Your spa bathroom looks like it will be very nice once finished!

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger amanda said…

    ditto on the handprint! somebody is an artist, no?

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Great stuff for SPF - I now know what you meant in my comments about 'feeling my pain'. Unfinished projects are a pain! Good luck with the finishing details. It will be worth it in the end! :-)

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Lora said…

    Bon Appetit! You must be quite the cook!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Random and Odd said…

    I love Seattle! YOU HAVE BASEMENTS!!

    California not so much on the basements.

    I always wanted a creepy attic that I could tell my friends that a scary ghost lived up there.

    Thanks for playing!!!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Ooooh, a turkey handprint picture! Love it!

    I've only been to Seattle once, but I loved it there. LOVED it. It was like San Francisco (where I grew up), only cleaner.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger The Q said…

    That spa bathroom is going to be awesome when it's done though! Wow! Very cool!

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Book Bums said…

    LOVE those green walls in the kitchen...FABULOUS!

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Vajana said…

    great turkey print. Those should go for millions.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Janet said…

    Thank you all for visiting! The best part of the turkey picture? The story underneath. I have to post that one sometime soon....

    And while I love to cook, I am pretty damn lazy. Tonight we are having pizza. :)

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger LeLo said…

    Oooh la la...a spa bathroom in the basement!

    And as a sidenote: there is NOTHING wrong with keeping your shoes in boxes. I say the more power to ya for that sistah! Northwesterners unite!

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Blogger Sue said…

    I love cooking magazines...have you ever read Cooks Illustrated? Not as many fancy pictures or ads but great recipies.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Janet said…

    Hi Sue!

    Thank you for stopping by! Yes, yes, yes! I know Cooks Illustrated well! It is a *wonderful * magazine because it also tells you *how* to prepare dishes. I have it on my Amazon wish list, I think. :)


    Hi Lelo!

    You have all my cyclist friends heading down to your neck of the woods this weeknd! (OK, I only have 2 cyclist friends.) And speaking of shoes~ it is kind of 'Martha' that I keep my shoes in their boxes. But my shoe collection is the *only thing* about me that is somewhat organized!

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Annejelynn said…

    Bon Appetit has an awesome website set up too - recipes online!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home