Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Monday, June 27

Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise

Healthy

Darian and Scott both had dental appoitments today. Scott got his cavities filled and Darian has no cavities. Well, I should hope not! She just had a couple, make that 7 (!), filled not 3 weeks ago.

I love how my husband reports on doc visits. After a couple of beers, he says, "Oh, yeah- she needs to see an orthodontist. Something about her top teeth and needing a wire behind them. But *it's not braces* and she needs to go in like 6 months."

Ooookkaaaayyyy.

Last year after he took her to her well kid checkup (Well, Kid, you need to know something about your parents....) he said that everything looked good. Then the next day he calls me on my cell phone to say, "Oh, yeah- so Darian has scoliosis. But it's really mild and you can hardly tell and she won't need to wear a brace. But we need to watch her when she is a teenager."

Ooookkaaaayyyy.

Scott made the rounds with the homeopath, too (Was that a psychiatrist we just saw?), and after a major appoitment that I regret missing, I couldn't get much out of him. Until the next day as we were on an outing for a milkshake. Cell phone rings and it's Scott, "Oh yeah, so she can't have any sugar cause that is really what's causing her problems with paying attention."

I think I need to attend these daytime appointments, don't you?

Wealthy

Today Darian's (belated) birthday check arrived. Her great grandmother is very generous and provided her with enough cash to pay for her plane ticket *and* a rent a car for her visit to Texas. Yup, the money has it's purpose. She also got a one dollar bill inside of one of her gifts. As Darian loves to say, "It's not about the money, it's about the love!" Who could say that she is wrong?

Wise

Since we are both so worn out from this past week's celebration, we took Darian up on her dinner selection: jellybeans and hotdogs.

Post script from Scott: when J_Bo says 'will' it means 'possibly'. Not quite. Or, may. It means May, or, Not quite. When she says, 'Oh yeah, after a couple of beers' , it possibly means 'quick cell phone call after coffee'.
And that's all he has to say.


Does that make sense to any of you?!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    I'm trying to decode it, but it just isn't working.

    I think they purposely don't pay attention to the important details and report them, just so they don't have to deal with these situations by themselves. Don't cave in you're just reinforcing his behavior! It's a plot I tell you.

    I will add for anybody not familar with my sense of humor that happens to read this that I am joking, mainly.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Janet said…

    Oh, and my whole story is a joke, too! Actually, the part about jellybeans and hotdogs are true, as are the physical diagnosis. My husband says that I stray from the truth for dramatic effect. And humor, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home