Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Wednesday, July 6

Do I have this affect on everyone, or just the homeless?

I work in a very diverse neighborhood- an historic part of town where you will find art galleries, hip & happenin' bars, sports pubs, 2 sports stadiums, and plenty of homeless people. My office is right across the street from a Starbucks (ha, isn't everyone's?) and some mornings I like to dawdle over there to get me a breakfast sandwich-egg and spinach on an English muffin. Yu-Me! Today I went in a bit early as sometimes they are sold out of my favorite flavour.

Today was I in luck! Not only did they have plenty of breakfast sandwiches available to those of us who like to waste $4-not including the double tall soy latte- each morning, but a lovely homeless man was directly in front of me in the line and he *peed his pants* just as I ordered. He didn't seem to notice, nor did the people behind me, but, oh, did I! Now, I am not the type of person to draw attention to myself or others in public and certainly do not wish to embarrass anyone- even though I doubt I could have embarrassed this guy as he pissed and kept on walking and eating his cinnamon roll. So, I took a gigantic leap around the puddle to pay for my breakfast, nonchalantly glaring at the baristas who immediately whipped into action with the mop and caution sign posts. The people in line behind remained stoic; not one aired any concern. They ordered their lattes and mochas as any other day, homeless man pissing seeming to be a common occurrence. I certainly hope not!

You know, this is the second time in the past 4 months that someone has relieved themselves in front of me whilst waiting at a till. Yup,earlier this year, an elderly gentleman *crapped his pants* at the local Marshalls and no one working there noticed! Now, Marshalls gets a different kind of crowd and you better believe that several customers made a stink about that one, *and* managed not to pay retail for the cashmere sweaters.

Another reason why I love Seattle.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger Vajana said…

    uh...wow. I mean whoa. It is certainly enough to have this incident occur to you once in your lifetime but TWICE in ONE YEAR?? Aren't you blessed.

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That's craziness. I knew Seattle was an interesting town, but come on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home