Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Wednesday, June 29

French Whore

I am not big on perfume, but I do have a few scents that are OK and do not give me a headache that lasts for days on end. You could say that I am very sensitive to smells; paticular to those that are too strong and contain too much alcohol. The perfumes that I own, when lightly spritzed on the body, create a light scent that should not linger long after I leave the room.

Tonight my daughter decided to try some on for size. While I was walking the dog, and Scott lay in bed snoring, she went through my perfumes to 'liven up' her smell after taking her nighttime shower.

She decided on Chanel's Gardenia. My child didn't spritz. She bathed in it. She also washed her hair in it. And scented her underwear drawer. And cleaned out her backpack with it. And replaced the mothballs in her closet with it.

Her bedroom smells, as my mom so eloquently puts it, like a French Whore. Now, I have been to France and I may have seen a prostitute or too, but I do not recall any scent other than dog poo the entire time I visited that country. But still, I fall back to my mother's description whenever there is the overpowering scent of something good gone wrong. And the scent in my daughter's room is so strong, it's making it's way through the entire upstairs, permeating even the dog's fluffy fur. I fear for the cloud of seductive mist that awaits me at the top of the stairs.

Please say it's OK for me to sleep in the basement tonight.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    I am frickin dying that was so funny!! I can just imagine the poor dog smelling like a french whore. I wonder if in France they say "smells like an American whore" because I can tell you people in the US have NO CLUE how to apply perfume.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home