Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Wednesday, July 13

8 Truths and 2 Lies Revealed!

Remember this one? Well, you thought you knew me, few readers who played, but all of you were wrong! Wrong!

1. I was in an Appalachian Clogging Troupe for several years. Yup, this one is true. I was a folk dancer! And if you are wondering what Appalachian Clogging is, think Riverdance to hillbilly music!
2. I spent 14 weeks backpacking through Europe where I sustained a severe knee injury snowboarding in the Alps. True! For Christmas of 1994, I got snowboarding lessons. The week in December when I was in St. Moritz was not good snowfall wise, thus, I fell. I was treated at a very fancy orthopedic clinic!
3. I used to volunteer with the Seattle Public Library recording books on tape for the blind. LIE I always wanted to do this, but the library says you have to have a degree in library sciences to do anything in their facility. Whatever.
4. When I was much younger, I did some naughty things with a very famous band and it was published in the lead singer's memoirs. True and let's leave it at that. My mom reads this blog!
5. I sang several Cole Porter tunes at my sister-in-law's wedding, much to my mother- in-law's chagrin. True! I did sing 2 songs accompanied by a 3 piece ensemble. The few gay men at the wedding thought I was fantastic!
6. During the time I was a stay at home mom, I donated some of my eggs to a clinic as we were desperate for money. They paid me $3K. LIE Nope, too much diabetes and cancer in my family to qualify!
7. When I was a little girl, my baby sitter's teenage son spiked my juice with acid. This one is so absolutely true...I get the heebee geebees thinking about it.
8. I have spent several summers volunteering at a summer camp for the developmentally delayed. True! For my brother-in-law's summer camp, we have made it a family affair with all of us volunteering. One of the most rewarding experiences of my life!
9. I was once so mad at my husband while we were at a festival that I stole his wallet and threw it into a crowd of people. I did this one at Bumbershoot long before Darian was born. He did find his wallet, and my temper has calmed as I have grown up!
10. I spent my spare time, one summer, going to dollar theaters to see Pulp Fiction. I ended up seeing that movie approximately 14 times. This one drives Scott nuts. Our first year of marriage, that is all I wanted to do!

So, now you know!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Vajana said…

    Wow. And wow. And oh---wow.

    That is pretty amazing.

    if I guess the band will you tell??

    I'm pretty impressed by all the things you do--it's wonderful that you donate so much of your time to that stuff. Hooray for you!

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    You need a degree in Library Science to volunteer? Our Libaries are short on funds they don't even have a books on tape program.

    One thing with my new job, I'll have a bit of a commute, so I'll planning to start borrowing books on tape again. Love them for such things.

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    I am dying to know the band!!! You have some cool stuff in your backround!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm doing a degree in history and library science - I'll let you record books in my library when i finish it (in about a gazillion years!)

    Please please please tell us what band. I want to read the memoir and see if I can guess which groupie is you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home