Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Monday, July 11

Damn Straight

Have I ever told you about my hair? Well, take a look at that photo over there on the profile. That cute, chubby cheeked little cherub is me and those ringlets are the real deal. As I have aged, I have frizzed. I thank the goddess above my daughter does not have to deal with the follicular traumas that I have had to endure- ginormous hair, the loss of assorted writing tools and small children in my thick curls, running out of afro sheen on a weekly basis. Just to list a few. For kicks and giggles, I have begun to straighten my hair. When I do, my daughter says that I look just like her! If you couldn't tell, I'm the darker one.


6 Comments:

  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Lora said…

    Thanks for posting a close up photo it will be much easier to find you that way.

    I honestly can't empathize, though. My hair's pin straight. I permed it briefly, but it just went limp and curly vs, limp and straight.

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    You are both lovely! I really enjoy reading your blog. Sorry to hear that you have hair trauma. If it makes you feel any better I spent over a hundred dollars on a flat iron to get rid of my frizz. Totally worth it though. Best $100 I ever spent. =)

     
  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger Janet said…

    That flat iron is on and ready for action this morning! $100 is nuthin...I have to pay for 2 appts when I get my haircut (like I did last week!) thus, they tack on an extra $30 for the convenience of someone else doing my hair. I will have to post a pic of it curly, too, cause it really isn't so bad. I should be happy with what I have!

    And Lora- you mean you couldn't pick me out of a crowd after looking at a 4 year old version of me? :)

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Vajana said…

    oh the flat iron is the best invention I own (outside of that iPod I'm in love with, another story) I have super frizzy thick hair too and my hair stylists are the same way--sometimes she won't style it because her back starts to hurt from drying it.

    You and your daughter are lovely though!!

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aw, you cuties! :)

    Trin

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger The Q said…

    You are BOTH so beautiful!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home