Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Friday, October 7

Shizzle my nizzle with a side of gigglelizzles

So why does Snoop Dog need an umbrella?

Fo Drizzle.


I have been giddy lately. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I get up at 4:30 every freakin morning, but recently I get the giggles around 1 o'clock everyday. My cube mates can set their clocks by the sound of laughter coming from my side of the office.

The stupidest things are making me giggle and I am sure if I wrote them out to you, internet, you would not be laughing as hard as I. I tell you though, my delivery in person will have you rolling. Fo Drizzle.

I used to work for a doctor's answering service. One Sunday I took the following call:

"Hello. I am having a reaction to my zovirexboomgee, " complains the patient who has a very thick accent, similar to a cross between Russian and Spanish.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, what is happening?"

"I'm having a reaction to my zovirexboomgee, " her rolling r's becoming more defined.

"Ma'am, I am sorry, but I am not familiar with zovirexboomgee." Being the professional I am, I try to stifle any giggles. Thank goodness for the mute button.

"I told you, I am having a reaction to my zovirexboomgee!!!!"

"Ma'am, could you please spell that for me?"

Clearly frustrated by now, the patient says, "Yes. I am looking at the bottle. It is spelled z-o-v-i-r-a-x-b-o-o-m-g"

"Ma'am, thank you. It's not zovirexboomgee, it's Zovirax 800mg, yes?"

It's 10 years later and that conversation still kills me.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger Vajana said…

    dammit Jbo I was making myself some french toast and I burnt it cuz i forgot about it after reading your blog and laughing so hard and copying your story to all my medical transcription friends and emailing it. Too funny!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to admit, sadly enough, that I was about falling out of my chair with the Snoop Dogg joke. And I didn't even get the benefit of in-person delivery!!! I must remember that.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Zoe said…

    Fo Drizzle!

    I don't know how I'd have coped with the Zovirax call... I know that (oral) herpes is very common... but I still get creeped out.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    My mom is from Norway and years back when she was working for a credit scoring company, she was talking to coworkers about some persons application where they listed their auto as a Grand Prix.

    The coworkers all laughed as my mom called it a Grand PRICKS.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home