Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Wednesday, October 5

From My Pad to Yours

We are expecting a house guest here at Monkey Hill. Crazy Legs O'Houlihan is coming to pay a visit to the Emerald City. I have no idea when to expect him- I only know he is on his way.

Tonight while eating dinner, I viewed my neighbor's porch and was quite disturbed to see a package sitting there- waiting to be opened. "My blog frog's in there...I just know it!" My husband assured me that the package sitting at 1102 was not CLO. "Honey, the mail carrier *and* the UPS guy know you too well. Neither would deliver a package for you to the wrong house."

"Look at the shape of that box. There's a frog in there. My houseguest is sitting on Brad's porch!"

"Maybe Brad's a blogger, too, Mommy, and he is supposed to get Crazy Legs next."

"No! Brad is *not* next to host the blog frog! It's ME! It's my turn to have him!"

"Ummm...honey, do you have any idea when he is supposed to be sent here?"

"Well, no, but damn it! Look at the shape of that box! There is a frog in there! And you know, the label could say 1107, but the 7 could look like a 2 and even though the delivery guys know me so well, they still make mistakes! Oh, I know that box is my frog!"

Just at that moment, the front door of Brad's house opens and the package is taken inside.

"That's my frog he just took in the house!"

"Would you get over it, honey?! It's *not* Crazy Legs, OK?!! And if it were, Brad would bring him right over!"

"Mommy, what if Brad wants to keep Crazy Legs for a while?"

"Stop it! Just stop it! That frog is across the street and he is supposed to be over here!"

"Stop peering in his windows, honey! The frog was not delivered to Brad's house!"

Oh, Crazy Legs...when will you be visiting Monkey Hill??!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said…

    Friday Morning!!

    He will be there on Friday...and it was sent to 1107...it even LOOKS like a 7 on the package.

    Be careful, his backpack is packin!!

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Vajana said…

    I'm sure your neigbor Brad was just getting some chocolate chip cookies in the mail. No frogs in there.

    I'm excited to see where CL will get to go when he is with you!

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said…

    He should get there TODAY!! (well Friday)

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    I can see why you thing your neighbors worry about you! Enjoy your Blog Frog, Silly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home