Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Friday, July 22

Stuff Portrait Friday~ What's For Dinner?

It's Stuff Portrait Friday! This week totally sucks because my camera is in Texas along with my darling daughter and sexy husband. So I used my *cell phone* and shot these. This week's photos are to be:

* Your specialty dinner

* Food you ALWAYS have in your house

* Your favorite appliance

I have not cooked in a week and the fridge is practically bare since we are on vacation. That said, you can simply imagine what my specialty dinner looks like then dream about the taste. My specialty dinner happens to be Thanksgiving. Yup. Turkey dinner. I do an herb roasted turkey, Boursin mashed potatoes, and stuffing that is made with white raisins and 12 grain bread. (I don't have a name for it- I just cook it and the crowd loves it!) Those are just the staples. Each year, I choose other sides from Gourmet and Bon Appetite magazine to serve to my guests. Thanksgiving is one my favorite dinners to prepare and I think that I am damn good at it. You are coming over this year for dinner, right?

Yes, the cupboards are bare, but there are some staples:


We *always* have Darian's yogurt and her mac and cheese and broccoli. I also like to have handy the grey poupon and chicken. Mix the mustard with some olive oil, red wine vinegar, herbs de Provence, and garlic and you have the perfect French marinade for your chicken. Of course we always have handy the Tillamook brick o'cheese and some fruit. But do you really want to see bananas and cheese? I mean c'mon! I have the Costco sized dijon mustard handy!

My favorite appliance, aside from my beloved silent dishwasher that has adjustable racks for champagne flutes, or my microwave that has a setting just for softening ice cream, it has to be my KitchenAid mixer.



And that's my stuff!

13 Comments:

  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger Leska McCall said…

    Don't you just LOVE that mixer? They didn't have purple when I got mine, or I would have gotten it instead of blue.

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Damn it i LOVE your mixer! I have been wanting one for a while! That color is sexy!i love purple!lol

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Bente said…

    I love the mixer!

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    OH MY GOSH...look at that mixer! Wow...I think I have mixer-envy!

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow purple! That rocks. I wish I had my silent dishwasher from my old house. The builder put in a pretty cheap model and it is LOUD.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Random and Odd said…

    My sister has my grandmother's mixer. I thought I wanted it when she died and then I thought about it and said, "Um, what in my life would I be mixing?"

    I can cook...just not if it includes any big mixing.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Charlotte in Pa said…

    Tillamook is TASTY!!

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    I must admit I'm comment here because I'm to lazy to comment in Haiku, but if I come up with something good I'll come back with it.

    I think I've told you that I love to bake. Well, I love it so much that my relatives gave me not one, but two Kitchen Aide mixers as wedding gifts. Obviously, I returned one of them and I stuck with the simple white although I was so tempted by the bright yellow.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    Can we come for Thanksgiving? I love to cook that day but I want to have Boursin mashed potatoes! Sounds fab. Love the purple mixer too!

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    That mixer.. dying with envy over here. It looks so beautiful, you could put lights on it and have it as a Christmas decoration.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Book Bums said…

    I love my kitchenaid mixer too...but it's just black! I'm loving the purple!

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Janet said…

    I have to tell you all that I don't do that much mixing. I just like the way it looks. No, actually, I do use it often- as does my husband. He uses it to mix meatloaf!

    Sue- you and Charlotte are totally welcome for Thanksgiving. I mean that, too!

    zuphchic- my friend has the black mixer and she put flame decals on hers! You should do the same!

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said…

    That was my favorite appliance too. I love the color. Mine is red. Found your blog through Renee.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home