Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Saturday, July 30

Go Jump in a Lake!

What a week it has been! I have hardly been on the computer-work does not count- and this weekend is all about catching up with what I do online. Right now Sexy Husband and Darian are out on the lake, boating. Here is a photo taken moments ago...I guess she went overboard with my brother in law's piloting of the vessel. Note that I am on the land as that craft makes me waaay too seasick. Plus, boating is not my thing. Sure, it is my husband's livelihood, but I am about as into boating as he is into clogging.




Some highlights from this past week:

*Falling down concrete stairs. At 5:15 am this past Tuesday morn, I lost my footing while the dog lead me outside and went sliding down the stairs. Landed on my tushie and backs of my forearms (aft arms?) My arms are bruised and it has hurt to type. Wah. And I lost my shoes and scraped the bottoms of my feet. Ouch.

*Starting drama camp. Darian began a 2 week class who's performance is called 'The Wiz meets the Wizard of Oz.' I have listened to her belt out 'Ease on Down the Road' about 600 times. That, and 'Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.' Fortunately, she does not intimate that the witch is me.

*Sleeping at the drive in. Last Saturday night we loaded up the car and headed to the drive in to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I *fell asleep* just as Violet was about to meet her fate. I woke up in time to drive us home, well after midnight.

*Curbing my need to dine out. Since my office moved to it's new location, I find that not only do I have to pay for parking daily, but choose to dine out for lunch, not to mention the daily espresso drink. I have been averaging $14-$19/day- basically throwing away money. This past week I only ate out once. OK, 3 times. Tuesday I had lunch with my girlfriends and yesterday I had a Starbuck's eggsandwich for breakfast and take-out chicken yakisoba for lunch. ( I refuse to count going out to dinner with the family and our good friends Wednesday night, nor ordering pizzas for Darian's sleepover last night.) Baby steps!

*Catching up on laundry. I don't know what happened, but since they got back from Texas, I am doing like 2 loads per day.

The dryer is calling me now.....

4 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Bearette said…

    Nothing wrong with eating out :) Sorry about the bruises!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    Ouch! I hope you are healing up quickly.

    I can desire to eat out less. It can get really expensive. One kinda neat thing with my new job is free meals. However, their offerings are definitely aimed at a younger audience, but it's one less thing for me to get ready at 4:30 in the morning.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Vajana said…

    Hope the bruises are healing nicely!!!

    I am trying to cut back on the sodas. I am either all or nothing, either I'm drinking 5 sodas a day or none at all. I hear you on the going out though, I'm guilty as well.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Janet said…

    You must belch up a storm, Vajana! 5 sodas a day! Burp!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home