Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Thursday, January 19

I'm not kidding, really. I'm not.

I don't think most of you believe that I really am pregnant. I mean, hardly any of you have even *commented* and I know there were 41 one of you who read the original post just after it was published 12 days ago. And then bundles of tens throughout the week. I know you are a small group, my readers, but I know you are loyal. Right?

Today I had my first ultrasound. It was the horrible *vaginal* ultrasound, or as quite a few of my girlfriends like to say, 'the dildo' ultrasound. I went through it with MY MOM, DAUGHTER, AND HUSBAND all sitting next to me- yes, my daughter heard me use the term 'dildo ultrasound' and my mom saw me use a dildo- and we all got teary eyed when the technician focused on little baby and turned on the sound to hear the heart beating. 182 beats per minute. Very strong and all of 2.5mm long. Baby is due on or around August 23.

So there, it's real. And I am celebrating by going to Disneyland tomorrow and puking in Sleeping Beauty's castle.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said…

    OMG!! YOUR PREGNANT! I didn't read it...I suck..but you knew that because I said I sucked at reading and commenting...and OH FORGIVE ME!!

    I threw up in Toon town when I was pregnant with Kara.

    *hug* have fun honey!!

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    I believed you! I was just waiting for you to start coughing up the details. I have to say that I'm real glad our due dates aren't reversed. Can you imagine going through a Texas summer in your last trimester?

    Hope your nasuea doesn't last long.

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Congratulations and be careful at Disneyland. Don't ride those fast rides - not good even when your pregnant this early! Have fun!

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger trinjoy said…

    I have been checking here nearly daily for an update, so thanks. Congrats on hearing the heartbeat. Have a fun vacation. I'll cross my fingers for minimal chucking.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger The Q said…

    Have a wonderful weekend (sending you no barfie vibes!)

    I look forward to many more updates on the "little one's" progress.

    Take care and HAVE FUN!!!

     
  • At 4:07 AM, Blogger Vajana said…

    Have fun at Disnee. Don't ride "Small World' then , that can cause nausea without pregnancy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home