Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Tuesday, January 10

Here comes the rain again

I'm not one to complain about the weather, but c'mon...

23 days of rain here in Seattle. In a row.

I loathe having to towel off the dogs after every walk. I loathe that my yard has turned into a mud bog. I loathe that my trusted old REI rain coat is no longer a shell of protection having worn out whatever protectants magically coated it's surface. Granted, it is 9 years old.

And I loathe that Monkey Hill smells like wet dog!!

Dear Mother Nature- please let the sunshine all day during our vacation to Disneyland next week. I promise I will buy a new parka and stop complaining.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger LeLo said…

    Portland agrees with you Seattle. Wet dogs are tough.
    Here's to a mud free day!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I told my neighbor that this was an unusual winter and she said, no this was normal Seattle winter weather. Normal, my foot!! This is my third winter here and definitely the worst. This is why I'm thankful my in-laws live in Arizona; I'm leaving on Saturday to let the grandparents see my daughter, and so I can get some SUN!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home