Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Thursday, December 1

A laugh at the expense of my husband

*Honey, you know I love you, but I had to tell the internet this conversation.

My husband is literally on the road on his way home from a day on the slopes and we have family portraits to sit for in about an hour. This is the phone conversation we just had:

Me: Hey, how close are you to home?
Him: Oh, I am on McClellan, just about to drop James and Mike home.
Me: So, I should see you in about 20 then?
Him: Yeah, should be.
Me: Good, cause you need to shower before we go. Did you guys have a good time?
Him: (breathing a heavy sigh of content) Ahhh...I've got four words for you: E.Pic. Pow.Der.
Me: OK, well that is actually 2 words. Hey, I'm eating those wasabi peanuts! (Screams as the fire of wasabi makes it way through the back of the nose and hits the eyeballs, drool coming out of my mouth.)
Him: I can't believe you eat those nuts. Now I know what to get you for Christmas.
Me: Ha. Ha. Speaking of nuts, your urologist called. You need to shave your scrotum and bring in a pair of tight briefs for support after the surgery.
Him: Tight briefs? So, am I supposed to wear a pair of yours?
Me: I don't know. Look, I am laughing so hard; I have to go blog this, honey.
Him: Great, a laugh at my expense. Go ahead.

You heard it, internet, he gave me permission to tell you: He's getting CUT tomorrow!!!!

I mentioned to someone today why I would not be in the office tomorrow and they asked, 'For real? You got your husband to do that for you?' Well, it's not all about me, now! It takes 2 to tango and he has been wanting to do this for years. Years.

The irony of it all? Tomorrow is his dad's birthday. My husband will be severing his blood line's ability to carry on while the patriarch of the Bo family celebrates the anniversary of his birth. And my husband can cheer him on in his tightie whities.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CONGRATS! My (unsolicited) advice to Scott: Get checked every couple years!

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha! Your best posts come at the expense of your husband. Hope it went OK today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home