Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Friday, November 25

Stuffed Portrait Friday

It's SPF turkey style!

This week:

*Something or someone that/who makes the dinner
*The dinner
*The aftermath

This was the first year in many where I did not host. Thanksgiving is the one day of the year that I look forward to feeding many and thanking them for their friendship. NOT ONE person could come for dinner. NOT EVEN MY HUSBAND. But, I am not bitter. No, not at all. I am thankful that I did not take the day off before turkey day to cook (what I usually do) instead, I slept in till close to 11am yesterday! I was lazy! My daughter and I watched movies, then I did take some time to prepare one dish to bring to my friend Kathy's house. She and her husband took pity on me and invited us to spend the afternoon with her family. I did bring maple glazed acorn squash which, while being very tasty, did not look very good. To my benefit, there is no photographic evidence.

So you wanna see some pictures, eh? Here is the turkey:


Here's something that makes the dinner:


I have complete oven envy. But I shouldn't feel sorry for myself since the oven I have is rather nice and IT'S THANKSGIVING! I should not be feeling sorry for myself when there is so much for which I am grateful!!

The aftermath? A lovely dinner had with my dear friends and their family members who are just as lovely, and the feeling of happiness and gratitude for all that I have.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said…

    That is the best looking turkey so far! I bet it was so goood!!!!

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger The Q said…

    I second that...that turkey looks SO good!

    Glad you and your daughter didn't have to spend Thanksgiving totally alone.

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger dashababy said…

    Yes, beautiful turkey. I also have oven envy too now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home