Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Saturday, October 29

Pussy Pucker Pots

My daughter is a huge fan of cats. Sometimes she thinks she is one.
Anything to do with cats, she is all over it. From the musical Cats to the
Cat in the Hat, to owning 3 cats, her world revolves around all things
feline. She has kitty shirts, kitty pencils, kitty stickers, kitty stuffed
animals, real life kitties and is convinced that once she dies, she will
come back as a snow leopard. That is a cat, you know.

The other day we went to the punk rock hair salon to get hers cut. While I
was paying, she discovered a jar with candy and some little tins with a
black 'French kitty' head on them. She asked for a free candy but instead
took the tiny tin. Thinking it was part of the free candy, I helped her
remove the protective seal once we were in the car. What's in the tin?
Pussy Pucker Pots~ vegan lip balm. While that sounds harmless, the back of
the tin reads: For the tastiest lips north of the hips. Hmm.

My daughter does use the term 'pussy' to describe kitty cats, but
hardly often as she knows it makes me cringe. Why it makes me cringe
hearing an 8 year old say that word is something she does not know. I have
confiscated the lip balm as I do not want her friends asking about lips, hips,
and pussy. I'm not ready to explain it.

My co-workers want to know just where this hair salon is located.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Vajana said…

    BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh my gosh that made me laugh Out. Loud.

    Something so innocent yet so...not.

    Pucker pots. Whew that is funny.

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    Hopefully, she'll have forgotten about this by the time she does understand. Kids they keep you in stitches.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home