Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Saturday, August 27

I've fallen...and I can't get up!

Help me, Internet, you are my only hope....

Last Sunday, while on a camping adventure with my family and friends, I threw my back out. Or is that threw out my back? Anyway, I was in so much pain that Monday was spent all day flat on my back in bed and it hurt like a mofo to walk. I was up on Tuesday, well enough to make it to the doctor who said that I have a possible herniated disc. What?!!! He told me not to panic, take some anti-inflammatories and a muscle relaxer, and if the pain has not subsided by Thursday, give a call for some physical therapy. But what about pain meds? Pain meds......

Wednesday I was able to go to work. I did have a physical therapy appoitment for another problem (why, why am I falling apart?!!) and instead of weight lifting, I got to have ice and electrostimulation on my back. What a difference electricity forced through my back made! Oh, I felt like a new woman!! And how did I celebrate? I wore high heels to work the next day. Big mistake, though fashionably speaking it was not.

Friday was not a pleasant day and today is much worse. Sitting at the computer for periods longer than 20 minutes is agonizing and I thank my medicine cabinet for the emergency bottle of percocet.

I have a feeling that Monday will be back at the doctor's.....Oh, the pain!! I have never, ever suffered from back pain until this past week, and goodness...I have more sympathy now than ever for all of you out there who have been through the same woes.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Vajana said…

    my daughter had a muscle strain in her back this summer and I took her to PT to receive those electrostimulation things...then she fell off the couch and it immediately was cured! Who knew!

    Hope you get to feeling better, hey I could always push you off the couch....

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    Back problems are why I always wear extra-practical shoes. I hope things calm themselves down soon.

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger Janet said…

    Please, push me off the couch, vajana!!

    Hey, now, Lora! I can't let all those pretty shoes in my closet collect dust, can I?!

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger The Q said…

    Hope things get better for you REAL soon!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home