Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Sunday, April 10

Star Snores

My husband snores. He snores so loud that often I am often awoken from a most pleasant dream scared that the furnace has just blown up. When his snores are this bothersome to me, I will reach over and turn his head, or ask him to roll over. Some nights he yells that I am slapping him in the face. I'm not really slapping- I'm simply tapping his cheek, but in the dark and half conscious, our perceptions are intensified.

One night, his snoring took on a geyser like, death lord sound. I tried to get him to roll over, saying, 'Stop snoring!! You sound like Darth Vadar!' Scott, sound asleep, yelled back, 'I AM Darth Vadar!' and he kept on snoring.

Each morning, I give him the report on how many times he woke me up and he always comes back with, 'Well you snore, but I don't let it bother me!' Me? Snore? Oh, that does not happen......

Last night, as usual, our daughter slept in bed with us. This morning, deciding if we should get out of bed to have coffee or lay under the warmth of the duvet, my daughter had to tell me something. She said, "Mommy, I have to tell you something about snoring. *You* snore! And when you snore, you sound like you are a Wookie!"

I layed there, thinking about her description and how I perceive Scott while he snores. And how our bed turns into Star Snores each night.

This has been Episode 1......Pleghmton Menace.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Lora said…

    Once again you have me dying of laughter. You just need to get Ellie and Darian to start snoring and you can call yourself a family of night musicians.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger RAM said…

    Hallo Lora. I came across your nice blog about Snoring. Try to give him smoe anti snore remedies. Snoring is a bigger issue in relationships than what many of my friends and experts had originally thought. Snoring is a real problem that at times can separate a couple within their own home and eventually break up a marriage or relationship without really knowing that snoring was the original underlying culprit. Visit also my site and see some other cool stuff for people who snore!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home