Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Saturday, April 8

Stuff Portrait Friday on a Saturday

Yesterday was Stuff Portrait Friday at Kristine's. The topic for yesterday was
Take me off AUTO.
1. Macro: take a picture of something ‘close up’. Don’t use your zoom, make sure you have good lighting and make sure you’re steady. If you have to, set your camera down on something and then take the picture.

2. NO FLASH: try swiching the flash off and taking pictures of your stuff without it. It may take a lot of pictures to get the right shot, but open the windows and find artifical light to get it to work.

3. Perspective: get up high or down low…either way, change the perspective of your picture..tilt the camera sideways. Change the layout of the picture. Instead of having the subject framed perfectly in the middle of the picture…move it to the left or the right.


This first one is Perspective. I got down on the floor, under a chair to get this one of my pom, Ellie.

This one is No Flash. My husband says our daughter looks sad and impoverished, but really she is just waiting to turn back around to watch the Disney channel. So, yeah, I guess she is a bit sad!

This last one is Macro. It's my butter dish.


Did you play?

8 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Kami said…

    Those are all great!

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Job Jbo! I like the one of your daughter, she looks intense.

    The Pom looks like one of the sweet dogs.

    I wish I had one of those sweet looking dogs, that are really sweet...and not HELLIONS with FOUR LEGS!! hee hee.

    Have a great weekend!!

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Book Bums said…

    The picture of your daughter is superb!

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Vajana said…

    Love the picture of Darian. Very artsy, and the butter dish too.

    Of course I totally slacked and didn't do the assignment. I was so determined to, and then the couch just seemed like a better idea. Oh well, this week maybe!

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    happy, belated, spf

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    That is a great picture of your daughter! Mine would probably look the same way, if I tore her away from the TV :)

    Thanks for visitng!

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    I love the bright colors in your macro shot and the picture of Darian is great.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I live the butter dish. The color is fantastic. I'm with Scott on the Darien pic.
    The pom shot is so deceptive. He actually looks normal in that image. We all know that there is nothing normal about that dog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home