Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Sunday, March 19

Limerick Friday

This past Friday was St. Patrick's Day and while I really have no reason at all to partake in the beer drinking and corned beef eating, I did make the day fun by only communicating with my co-worker in limerick form. I thought you might enjoy reading what we had to say to each other. (His limerick's are in italics.)

There once was a person named Matty
Who celebrated the day about St. Patty.
He wore his color green
Drank beer, made a scene
The next day he thought he'd gone batty.

there were quite a few email about form and creative license

Stymied for rhymes, he sits and he waits
Making his coworker think he's great
At writing some pros
Really- causing woes!
C'mon, it's not hard, take the bait!

Here's my first shot at this game
I was worried about being lame
What if I'd choke?
You'd think me a bloke!
Though that may be the case all the same...


I think you're a bloke, yes, it's true
But I hope that not makes you feel blue
You're a great friend, indeed
Always there for my need
Will you help me to lace up my shoe?

Schein's driving me straight up the wall-
So high that I fear when I fall,
I'll land with a splat
The true end to that
Unable to get up and crawl.


Is that why you incessantly tap
Your hands on your desk, sometimes Whap!
Crazy it makes me
Too much noise, what it be
The virtual shelf just fell in his lap.

Here is a new e-mail thread that had to do with a web application used in our office

The OOR is a tool that you rock
No one should ever think to knock
You out of your place
They'll get a pie in the face
Your coworkers, you continue to shock!

Thanks for your thoughtful support
I'm glad we have great report.
Able to dish
Occasionally wish
That certain folk weren't in this sport.


You have a certain way with the word
Sometimes makes me feel like a turd
But them I'm not KR
Or the Cos, what a cur
They speak like a mimicking bird.


Ha-rah! You used "turd" in you limerick!
Poop references don't make me sick.
Duker and shat
what's up with that?
I'll play this way it's my schtick.


There's a word that's called 'pronoun'
Which when used incorrectly, I frown
It is 'your', not you
Grammatical check, et tu?
Without it, boy, you are going Down.

What's that about houses of glass?
Throw stones and it may all colapse!
An example for you,
Will shortly come through.
We're still at the head of the class!


By the skin of your teeth you will pass
This test on limericks, it's a gas!
I don't know much about cliches
The only rhyming word is mayonnaise
But that glass you profess is your ass.

You can tell we had entirely too much free time on our hands this day. We even started talking to each other in the limerick, annoying the heck out of the people around us. I love my job!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Lora said…

    I can just hear that contagious laughter as you're taking delight in your creations.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home