Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Sunday, January 29

Kids say the darndest things

When we were on the plane to California, my daughter sat next to a nice man who looked exactly like Ray Liotta. When the plane landed, she decided to talk to him about travel.

"My mom and I are going to Disneyland!"

"Wow, I want to go to Disneyland, too. I'm just here for a conference."

"I've been to Disneyland before; this is my second time."

"Wow! You are one lucky girl! I wish my parents took me to Disneyland. I wish I could go to Disneyland this week."

"Well, we are meeting my Daddy later tonight. You know what? My mom is having a baby and you know what? In November we are going to London and the baby gets to go to London!"

"Wow, you really *are* lucky!! You get to go to Disneyland *and* London in the same year! I wish I could go to London. I've been there once and I would love to go again."

"Uh, I have to tell you something. My mom is NOT divorced if you were thinking..."

At that moment both the man and I turn red and burst out laughing. He then said, "Oh, well, I am glad you told me that...I really didn't want to go along."

The lady in the seat in front of me turned around to say, "I really am enjoying listening to this conversation."

My daughter then said, "I don't know why I say things to embarrass myself! I am just a bit too dramatic!"

3 Comments:

  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    It was very nice of her to clarify things. I know you just keep her around for your own personal amusement, don't you?

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Vajana said…

    that is really funny. Glad you had a great time at the Dizz-nee...I know those waters were a tough thing for me to deal with too...

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Random and Odd said…

    OMG! HOW FUNNY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home