Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Sunday, May 8

Gettin' Center Lane-d

My husband is so funny....he and I were out to dinner the other night when he told me that from time to time, he center lanes people he likes. (For those who do not know, my husband works here.)

And friends will stop by and visit him on board, especially, if they have been center laned.

"You *center lane* people? What the heck does that mean?" I ask the other night as we are drinking wine and having nachos.

"You know, " he explains, " When someone gets on the boat, I send them down the center lane so they can be one of the first passengers off."

"They get center laned by you? Center laned? I had no idea this was the name of one of your duties!"

Center Laned! How corny is that?! What terms do you use at work that could not be used in any industry other than yours?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Lora said…

    Oh there's so many!
    Weeded, Sat (also double and triple sat), 86, Push, Fire and the list goes on.

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Janet said…

    Lora,

    I am not sure what industry you work in. Are you in dev?

    I work in boring old sales, but for medical supplies, so there are some silly terms. Of course, I can't think of any right now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home