Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Thursday, August 3

They're not coming to visit because of the new baby, it's all about the bed

I should give you an update as to my pregnancy because, well, I think I have been neglecting in that arena. I hoped you guessed from the last post that I have laughed in the face of hemorrhoids, avoiding them entirely. I KNOW YOU NEEDED TO KNOW THAT.

As of this moment, I have 18 days until my due date. At my last doctor visit, which was this Tuesday, my blood pressure was beautifully low, my weight gain is in check (a total of 28 lbs so far), and Piper has a strong heartbeat. We had an ultrasound a couple weeks ago in which it was determined that she is slightly bigger gestationally than Darian, but she is still far from a nine or ten pounder. My guess is that I will carry her to full term (through August 21), delivering the evening of the 22nd, and she will come out weighing 8lbs 4oz. (Darian was due on June 21, she was born 45 minutes later on the 22nd and weighed in at 7lbs 7oz. I had toxemia during labor, an emergency c-section, and put on close to 80 pounds. My mother-in-law was dying- passed away 24 days after Darian was born, so needless to say that nine years ago, birthing a baby was a very stressful time for me. Not so this go round. Phew!)

So, with that bit if background, try to take a stab at the baby's due date and her weight. I'd be interested to know what you think.

Speaking of guesses, my girlfriend Laa-Laa threw me a lovely shower this past weekend in which one of the games was to guess Piper's due date. I can't wait to find out who the winner will be! I have a small group of incredibly generous friends who showered me with love, support, items from my registry, and super cute baby clothes. I really am blessed to have their circle surrounding me.

In addition to being showered by friends, my husband and I upgraded our bed to a king this past weekend and treated ourselves to a Tempurpedic. (No, we did not order it from TV! We actually tried it first at a mattress store, comparing it to the mattress we planned on purchasing.) All I can say is that it is Heavenly. The day it was delivered, I warned my boss that I may not make it into work the next day for wanting to revel in the unique feeling this mattress delivers. Though I still awake at 3am thanks to Piper using my bladder as a pillow, I have had the most restful sleep I think I have ever had. So now, our friends are wanting to visit us- not to see the new baby- but to lay on the bed!! Who can blame them?!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger The Q said…

    I'm going to put my guess in at 8 lbs. 2 oz. In all honesty, I'm going to have to say you'll have Piper on the 22nd (same as your guess). Perhaps I'm reading more into your previously not so ideal situation, but you're making Piper's pregnancy seem picture perfect and I can see her making a very timely entrance :-)

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Vajana said…

    if only my kids were that timely...Al was due on the 19, had her on the 23rd at 7.6. Rug was due again on the 19, didn't come until the 26th and weighed in at 8.5.

    So i'm sure this one will be late.
    My guess for Piper is 8.5 with a due date of early Aug 23 (but no later!!)

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Lora said…

    Thanks for the update. You know that I'm completely relieved to hear that things are going well.

    I'm going to guess that Piper will be born on the 20th and will weigh in at 7 lbs and 11 ozs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home