Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Sunday, July 30

Just because I have two brains in my body doesn't mean I can think

The other night my husband and I were talking about people we thought were easy on the eyes. Only because, every time he talks about our accountant, I *always* mutter under my breath, "Oh, he is so easy on the eyes." In our 13 years together, my husband has never mentioned another person we know personally who he finds attractive.

"So, I will tell you, honey, that there is one woman in our neighborhood here who I find easy on the eyes."

"Really?!! Let me try to guess......OH, it's got to be...Ruth"

(Ruth is our nosey German neighbor who told me that she didn't realize that I was pregnant but thought I was 'just getting big.' She's also older than dirt.)

"Oh, you know it...that fine piece of German heiney walking her dog in front of our house everyday, looking in the windows."

"But Heiney is a dutch beer."

"Yeah, you're right. Nope, not her. Guess again."

"OK...it's got to be Mary. When she's outside in her housecoat smoking a cigarette."

"NO!"

"Margie?"

"The one who has a rocking chair sculpture in her yard? Nope!"

"Well, then it has to be Stephanie."

"Who?"

"Stephanie. From across the street? She is kind of young? You think her name is Michelle?"

"Oh. No."

"Well..."

"Honey, it's YOU, moron!! YOU are the one lady in the neighborhood I think is easy on the eyes!!!! WHO ELSE WOULD IT BE???"

duh.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Andrew McAllister said…

    Did it really take you that many guesses? I think it is totally healthy that you can admit when another man is easy on the eyes. This speaks of being secure in your marriage. And your husband obviously knows how to answer those questions, like:
    "Does this dress make me look fat?" "You're not fat, so no dress could make you look that way." Yep, he's got it.

    To Love, Honor and Dismay

     

Post a Comment

<< Home