Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Tuesday, June 13

Rest up!

"OK, good....your cervix is still closed."

"Closed for renovations, eh doctor?!!" quips my husband.

"That's a good one! I haven't heard that one before!" my OB giggles. AND CONTINUES TO GIGGLE WHILE EXAMINING ME!!

"Hey, EXCUSE ME! While the doctor's HAND IS ON MY CERVIX, please REFRAIN from doing your STAND-UP ACT, OK?!!" I glare at my husband.

This is my life yesterday morning at approximately 11:45am. I started having contractions and went to the doctor for a check, even though I had seen him just 6 days prior. Don't worry, everything is fine, but I am to rest as much as possible. No more long walks and I am to keep my feet up as much as I can. The fetal fibronectin test showed I am not having pre-term labor, nor am I expected to go into labor in the next few weeks. Phew! Mom, no need to worry about changing your flight- at least not this month!

And my husband promises to be a labor partner and concerned dad at the next visit. The comedy can stay in the doctor's waiting room!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that test that was done I was told that when the baby is born it will most likely have marks on its head , did the Doctor tell you that?

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Janet said…

    What is it with my family and the comedy?! Mom, enough already!!

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Vajana said…

    um yeah my husband and the doctor having a nice, quaint conversation while he is SEWING up my episiotomy?!? I can totally relate.

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger Lora said…

    I've been out of the blogging loop for so long, that I was beginning to worry about missing you having Piper. When's your due date again? How are you feeling?

    Liam's doing great and I promise someday I'll actually post again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home