Ce Soir ou Jamais

tonight I write...or never

Monday, April 17

The Dexter Bunny

We're not big celebrators of Easter here at Monkey Hill. We generally refer to it as 'That Day We Get To Eat Chocolate In The Morning.' My daughter thinks the Easter Bunny is a guy in a suit who chain smokes and passes out candy. "Here, " he says in the voice of Marge Simpson, "take your candy." Or at least, that is what we have told her. Now, Santa, oh don't even get me started. My kid is a *huge* fan of Santa. (Even though I'm not!) As she likes to say: there are no such things as bunnies who give out chocolate. But Santa, that's a guy who is real. And his flying reindeer? That's what's called *magic*. The kid's got a point, why beg to differ?

What we do glean from Easter is the springtime happiness and wishing to spend time with family- which we did. The weather was wacky and fabulous in Seattle; we had a lovely brunch at my husband's sister's house. Late afternoon was Mommy and Me time and we decided to spend it walking the dogs and shopping, but to our dismay TARGET WAS CLOSED.

So we had more fun with the dogs.




Hope your weekend was as wonderful as ours!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dexter looks great. I love you and hope you have a great day.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    EVERYTHING was closed in this area on Easter. It was the first whole day I'd had my husband home in weeks, and everything was closed. Including the Tacoma Mall!!! The only thing open was Sears. I was informed that Walmart was closed as well, but that Kmart would most likely be open since they own Sears. But I don't like Kmart... ;o) My sister lives in Florida and told me that everything save Publix, the grocery store, was open. Grrrrr. ;o)

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger Lora said…

    That's just too cute!

    Sorry I haven't called back yet, I will.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home